We rely on volunteers to help us achieve our mission and expand our service capabilities. Your donation of time and talent also provides a fresh perspective and new skills to enhance our organization. We are committed to creating a warm, safe, and inclusive environment where the unique gifts of volunteers are recognized and nurtured.
Volunteers can assist us in the following ways:
- Complete legal research, writing, and administrative tasks (Pre-law and paralegal students ONLY)
- Assist the front desk receptionist by answering the phone, providing clients with basic information regarding our services, making copies, taking passport photos and processing mail
- Manage light administrative work such as filing and making copies
- Translate legal documents and statements from Spanish to English
- Conduct community education presentations for schools, churches, and other organizations
- Complete special projects as needed
Requirements to volunteer:
- Spanish and English proficiency is required (except for in special circumstances for special projects)
- Background check clearance through the Diocese of El Paso
- Attendance at the Diocese’s “Protecting God’s Children” within 3 months of beginning service
- Availability during office hours: Monday to Friday from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM. Volunteer opportunities in the evenings and on weekends are rare.